This one hour self-paced online course explains key concepts, roles, and benefits of a data governance program.
This overview course identifies and explains key concepts, roles, and benefits of a data governance program. It includes information on the definition, goals, scope, challenges, value proposition, processes, and supporting ecosystem. This course is designed primarily for business and technical people who want a basic understanding of data governance, how it may impact them, and how it could benefit the enterprise.
You Will Learn
- Definitions and dimensions of data governance
- Value proposition and some key considerations and challenges in building a data governance program.
- The practices, roles, skills, and disciplines essential to data governance
- The basic qualities that make good data stewards and stewardship organizations.
- Data governance with multiple facets, including development, operation, sustenance, and growth and we explore each of these along with elements of the ecosystem needed to support the program.
- Anyone for business and technical people you want basic understanding of data governance.
Continuing Professional Education Credits: 1
Apply these credits toward your CBIP recertification. Not certified? Learn more about CBIP and how to get certified https://tdwi.org/pages/education/cbip-certification/cbip-home.aspx here.
Geiger Intl, Inc.
Jonathan Geiger, CBIP, is an experienced consultant with management and hands-on experience in business intelligence, data governance, quality management, CRM, and related areas in many industries, having gained his initial experience as a program manager at an electric utility company and subsequently as a consultant. He presents frequently at national and international conferences, has written over sixty articles, and coauthored three books.